By John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch
Reviews key components in ecological, scientific and molecular parasitology
- Features essays from a number of the world's leading parasitologists
- Each subject is decided in context by way of that includes a key paper from the magazine of Paraistology during the last a hundred years
Read or Download A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 PDF
Similar zoology books
This e-book describes the author’s view of ways the brain “thinks” at numerous degrees of operation. those degrees comprise nonconscious brain (as in spinal/brainstem reflexes and neuroendocrine controls), unconscious brain, and awake brain. within the try to clarify awake brain, there's significant critique of arguments over even if loose will is an phantasm.
Alle Vögel der WeltDie komplette Checkliste aller Arten und Unterarten, es sind 10. 686 Vogelarten aufgeführt und 15. 908 Unterarten. 254 Arten / Unterarten gelten als ausgestorben. Alle Arten und Unterarten erstmals mit deutschen NamenEine gesonderte Checkliste aller Vögel Europas inklusive Unterarten und seltenen "Gästen".
The Kidney: Morphology, Biochemistry, and body structure, quantity IV covers the advancements within the examine of renal constitution and serve as, fairly at the subcellular and molecular point. This booklet consists of six chapters that ponder the correlation of kidney's constitution with functionality, in addition to the participation of the kidney in metabolic structures and its relation to different organs.
The body structure of Earthworms makes a speciality of the 3 species of earthworms — Liimbricus terrestris, Eisenta foetida, and Allolobophora longa. different earthworms or oligochaetes equivalent to the fresh-water species are in brief pointed out. the themes lined comprise the biochemical structure; digestion and metabolism; calciferous glands; axial box; nitrogenous excretion; water kin; respiratory; body structure of regeneration; neurosecretion; anxious procedure; and behaviour of oligochaetes.
- Animal Wise: The Thoughts and Emotions of our Fellow Creatures
- Intelligence as Adaptive Behavior: An Experiment in Computational Neuroethology: Intelligence as Adaptive Behaviour v. 6 (Perspectives in Artificial Intelligence)
- Zooland: The Institution of Captivity (The Cultural Lives of Law)
- Social Predation: How Group Living Benefits Predators and Prey
Additional info for A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014
A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 by John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch